Sterling Silver Jewelry has always been popular precious metal in ancient legends and throughout history in every country. While silver is used in lots of products, it’s use as money and sterling silver jewelry are the source of its mystique and intrigue. There are many movie plots based on stealing sterling silver jewelry and seeking lost sterling silver jewelry items with magical qualities. If you love sterling silver jewelry, you probably feel the same way each time you put on your sterling silver jewelry and head for adventure.
Sterling Silver Jewelry – Keep It Clean!
Sterling silver jewelry comes in an amazing variety of styles and textures over its 4,000 year history. Ever notice how your sterling silver jewelry sometimes just catches your eye and casts a spell on you? It’s not just your illusion. Silver jewelry The hypnotic power of a sterling silver jewelry flows from its highly polished surface that reflects the light in a way like no other jewelry can. Another finish applied to sterling silver jewelry is rhodium that gives it a slightly darker finish. As you know, sterling silver jewelry tarnishes. Keep a soft cloth and silver polish and handy to keep your sterling silver jewelry shining bright.
Sterling Silver Jewelry – Why is it 92.5% Silver?
The term “sterling silver jewelry” refers to jewelry cast from 92.5% silver. This is because 100 % pure sterling silver jewelry is a little soft and prone to bending and breaking. The 92.5% silver content creates sterling silver jewelry that is both elegant and durable. Reproductions of sterling silver jewelry worn by kings and queens represent a romantic tie between people in love today and ancient history. Browse sterling silver jewelry online for exquisite and extraordinary ancient jewelry pieces that excites the soul.
Sterling Silver Jewelry- Buying Tips
When buying sterling silver jewelry on the internet, keep in mind most online stores are honest and care about your satisfaction. Most offer thirty day warranty on your sterling silver jewelry and will exchange it. Like many purchases, it pays to pay by credit card for your protection.
Buy Sterling Silver Jewelry After Going Through These Tips
Sterling jewelry is made from pure silver 92.5 percent and has metal alloy 7.5 percent. The common silver metal alloys have a combination of copper and nickel. In sterling silver, the alloys strengthen the silver that it becomes strong enough for jewelry. This is the reason that silver jewelry is valuable and affordable to make bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings, matching any skin tone and color ensemble. Sterling jewelry is appropriate even to wear every day of the week. Here are some tips to choose this silver jewelry.
Check for authenticity:
Buying jewelry should be done ensuring the metal is genuine. Look for a stamp indicating the metal type. The sterling jewelry pieces are often stamped with number 925. There may be “Ster, Sterling, or Sterling Silver” also stamped on the jewelry. Some pieces are not stamped and may be genuine. It is best to buy from a retailer or a jewelry dealer you trust.
Shop your style:
Sterling jewelry is available in almost any size, style and price range. These make the silver jewelry a perfect choice for experimentation and self-expression. Sterling charms and pendants depict your beliefs, hobbies, interests or occupation. Silver chains are practical jewelry matching everything in your wardrobe. Try wearing or buying silver rings featuring unique gemstones.
Go for handmade pieces:
Sterling silver is budget friendly and pliable, making it a popular choice. Handmade silver is unique. The handmade pieces especially the necklace or chandelier earrings in silver, gemstone or pink shells look amazing and make a great jewelry piece. These pieces are appropriate to be worn on grand events or even during cool evenings.
- Sterling silver jewelry tarnishes. Buy an anti-tarnish pouch and it is worth investing in quality jewelry cleaner that keeps your jewelry pieces shining.
- The silver jewelry value depends on the design and details of the item. Normally all the high quality items are the heavy pieces with intricate cuts, etchings and shapes.
- Buy a jewelers loop so that you can examine the flaws closely.
- The common hallmark is 925 for silver jewelry and it may or may not appear in capital letters.
- Look for Silver jewelry designers name making artistic and high quality pieces, check for the name to be etched on the jewelry. This will prove his authenticity.
- Do not indulge in buying the jewelry having a tarnished appearance as it may be of poor quality.
- Cheap pieces of jewelry are best avoided with sterling as it may be inferior quality jewelry piece that are crafted poorly or is done using less silver content.
- Purchasing silver is common now. You can buy, but also ascertain you do the required polishing, cleaning regularly after each use. This will retain the luster. Authentic places to find sterling silver jewelry of good and exceptional quality include online stores, auctions and antique shops.